Monday, April 5, 2010

The ways of my oldest son......

Last Thursday, I was down at the creek with my kids.  It was pretty hot.  Malachi kept saying, "Mom, I'm kinda hot and feeling really tired."  He was acting sort of weak and woozy...so, I said, "Do you need something to eat or drink?"  He just said no and continued to stand in the creek appearing to be really hot and weak.  So, I stand there for a second and turn around to walk back up to the yard.  I hear him make a sound reminiscent of the one he made at the doctor's office...right before he passed out and went into a seizure....remember that post?!?!?  Anyway, just as I turn, I see him slump over and fall face first into the creek!!  His entire face was under water....  I swannanoa, it scared every single fiber in my being!!  I just knew he was going to drown before I got to him...I took off running...heart pounding out of my chest, sinking in mud...to get to my baby.....

As I am nearing him, he stands up, big ole grin on his face, and says, "April's Fools Mom!".......

I'm sorry....WHAT?!??!?!?!  That was SOOOOO not funny.....ugh!!!!  I mean, it was really good....he totally fooled me....he fell face first in a slump...it was most convincing....it would've really been funny had it been someone else....but my CHILD???  Imagine the look on my face....or maybe you shouldn't.........  ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment