Saturday, April 24, 2010

Adventures in Texture Paint...

While texturing the kitchen, I decided to let the kids put their handprints in the paint in an inconspicuous place....a little memento of that moment in time....  a beautiful little snapshot of little hands....


And of course...the mess...everywhere....

I decided to spare you...(and not embarrass myself LOL).....and only post this pic....not pictures of the floor, the cabinets, the trim, the countertops......
I did finally get the living room/dining room, hall, and kitchen completed.  I put the glaze over one corner of the wall and I didn't like it...it made it too dark and I was loving the light natural stucco look...so, I painted over it and decided to forego the darker glaze.  Yay!  Less work and I like it better!!  The paint in the kitchen really goes well with the countertops...and although the texture paint was some work, I'm really glad I did it.

(The counter tops with the new texture paint and color)

(close up shot...)

I have the den to texture and paint and the boys' room to paint, and the entire house will have had a fresh coat of paint!!  Only two more rooms and one piece of furniture to go....well, and one mirror....  :)  I'm excited....

No comments:

Post a Comment