Saturday, April 10, 2010

SIGH

Will spend all day painting...again.

Didn't tell you that three Saturdays ago, I spent the day masking off Sarah's room, moving furniture, and painting.  It looks so cute.  Also, painted the kids' bathroom.

The next Saturday was spent painting my room and master bath.  Actually, I worked on it till that Thursday till 2 in the morning...putting three coats of primer covering the burgandy paint.  Got up the next day and painted all day while a friend was visiting.  I was exhausted...so, that night my friend suggested we go get a pedicure....which I have never had.  I ended up getting a butterfly tattoo instead.  Yeah...you heard me right...I got a tattoo....on my hip.  And I LOVE it.  This is going to go rabbit chasing...just be forewarned....  okay, I'm a good Baptist PK, so I can totally hear those gasps and see the heads shaking....I can feel it through my laptop.  I gotta tell ya that I've always wanted a blue butterfly tat and just never figured I'd get up the nerve to do...I so hate needles.  BUT, I was sufficiently tired enough to get it done without hyperventilating or even shedding a tear.  I know, I know...good girls don't get tattoos.  It resulted in a very interesting convo with my kids.  I reminded them that sometimes you can't judge a book by the cover.  I'm not saying that I no longer believe in having an outward testimony...I'm just saying that just because you see someone with a tat doesn't mean they are on their way to hell.  AND, equally as important....just because you see someone all clean shaven and wearing a suit, by no means, indicates that they are God's servant.  Believe me when I say I know this for a fact.  At any rate, it reminded me that on the inside, God sees everything.  Just because our outside is whitewashed does not mean our inside is just as clean.  Isn't it nice that God doesn't look at us and say, "Wow..look at all those tattoos on her heart!  I don't want to have anything to do with her" ...because we all have them...tattoos of sin on our hearts.  Anyway...that was my rabbit chase....shall I proceed with the painting post??   LOL  :)

Sooo.....after painting all four walls in my bedroom, it occurred to me that the walls were getting progressively darker.....sheesh...apparently I didn't shake the paint can enough.  I was crestfallen.  Soooo, I went back and got more gallons of paint and started all over.  Was not excited.  But Darren helped me....so, we got it finished two weekends ago.

Last weekend, I took a break from painting so we could work outside....I'll have to tell you about all the trees that were cut down in another post.....

This past week, I painted, distressed, gel stained, and put a sealer on the prep center.  I'll post pics later.

Last night, I started on the living room/dining room/kitchen texture paint project.  I'm beginning to think I'm missing a vital gene or something....the one that prevents me from starting another project.  At some point, I plan to be finished painting and sit down.  Yes, I do plan that.  Because I am beginning to get a little weary....and it's almost planting time..which means there will be garden work...and there's alllll those trees to be cut up and hauled.

Could I pay someone to kidnap me for awhile??  How much would that put me out, do you figure???   :)

Anyway....ya'll have a beautiful Saturday and be sure to get some R & R for me, okay?!?!?  :D

1 comment:

  1. OK, reading all that made me tired. I'm going to take a nap and you be sure to post pics of all your hard work. I'm sure it all looks great and I can't wait to see it!

    ReplyDelete