Saturday, April 24, 2010

Goodness Grows in My Backyard....

The garden boxes are doing well!!  LOVE being able to go out and make a green salad from the backyard...

We've never grown broccoli, so we are all excited to see Malachi's getting little florets on it....  :)

Sarah and Jacob bought watercress for their gardens...pretty tasty...peppery...like a radish.... and cute little flowers to boot!  :)

The spinach is the most popular among the kids! How funny is that?!?!  They go out and pick some everyday and tell me over and again how tasty it is....and that it is "so much better than the kind at the grocery store, momma!"  soooo cute!!!  I love this time of year when they get excited about growing their own food and feeling the ownership....they take really good care of their own little plots...weeding and watering...it just doesn't get any better than that...  :)

1 comment:

  1. That is so neat!! You need to school me on garden boxes. I don't have the best of luck with gardening. Maybe my kids can take over.

    ReplyDelete