Friday, April 9, 2010

Choring in the Rain

"Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed rounds"  .....  is this quote about postal workers??  or farm girls??  LOL  :)  ....okay, we'll go with both...

Yesterday's chores were done in the rain....  and due to recent changes on the farm, the milking was also done in the rain.  Nice....  Oh well, nothing like rivers of rain caressing your face while the sound of the neighbor's donkey in the background serenades you.  The pines all around swayed gently in tune to the melody....and I swear I think the goat was even more calm.  ....dare I admit, that once I even turned my face toward heaven to feel the healing waters wash away my cares and taste it on my tongue........

No comments:

Post a Comment