Friday, April 9, 2010

Spring Beauty

It is soooo unbelievably gorgeous outside my windows.....

I cannot tell you what it does for my soul to view the scene....

My yard is exploding in lush shades of green.  There are newborn leaves everywhere...unfurling, stretching, and spreading out their lithe bodies to soak up some sun.  The sunbeams are pushing their way gently through the pines and creating a filigree pattern on the pine needles below.  There is a light breeze....tickling and lifting the little leaves in a loving introduction to the world.  There are shadows dancing everywhere....moving in time to the spring symphony being performed.  We even have apple blossoms in delicate shades of pink and white....the first ever on our fledgling trees.  They smell divine. The air is just cool enough to tempt your skin to awaken and give over to the mood.  Laughing and giggling in delight of the new, colorful world, the creek brushes over the rocks....begging them to come alive.  Maybe they are?

It's moments like these that my heart longs for quiet walks and deep thoughts.  To feel the breeze swirling through my hair....to feel a hand in mine.....to walk away from the madness that sometimes is  life....sometimes I think maybe my heart will burst with this longing.....  it swells with the beauty that unfolds in nature...... it fills to overflowing with the desire to hold the scene in my hand...to grasp it...

No comments:

Post a Comment