Wednesday, September 2, 2009

The Never-Ending Project

I would be speaking of my unfinished furniture that I was so excited about....when I bought it...*before* I started working on it :)
I have stained and sanded the table trying to get it to look even too many times to count. I finally stained and sanded it today and decided to go ahead and put a coat of varnish on or I can see myself possibly doing the staining/sanding routine every day for the rest of my life. I figured either it would be acceptable or it'd look so bad Darren would be forced to get me an already finished table. ;)
I also put varnish on the five dining room chairs that I have painted and sanded. All I have left to do is another coat of varnish on the chairs and table...AND paint, sand, and varnish the four counter stools, paint the prep center and another piece of furniture we bought! What was I thinking????
To add insult to injury, I now have whatever illness the kids have been passing around for the past two weeks....and did I mention that because of my full-time furniture job, I haven't prepared my lessons for school to start???
I'll just be attempting to dig myself out from under this avalanche over here..... ; )

No comments:

Post a Comment