Saturday, September 5, 2009

Focus

I was sitting at a busy intersection tonight (Saturday) just watching and listening...
There were all these cars passing by that had -whatever those things are- on them that make them sound really loud and there were big "rev 'em up" trucks and bright lights and decorated people and.... I just started thinking how loudly everything in this world screams for our attention...  It doesn't merely shout out at us or beckon to us...it SCREAMS  -  "Look at me!"  "Over here!"  "This way!"  "This is it!"  "Right here, right now!"  "Hey!"  ....it's nearly overwhelming sometimes.  As a Christian, and a wife, and a mother I need to guard myself....I can't tell you the times I've lost focus...I've been distracted by things and people.  I get caught up in the moment and before I know it, I look down and I've veered off the path.  Sometimes it is easy to hop back over and resume walking and sometimes it seems to take a bit more concentration to ignore the screaming and the glare and get back where I need to be.  Regardless, it is so important for me to take the time to focus and make sure I am on the path that I need to be on.

No comments:

Post a Comment