Thursday, April 21, 2011

Wallpapering the Dollhouse...

I was so excited to be finished with the tapewire and get started on some "prettying up"....
We bought a pack of wallpaper at Hobby Lobby that included 8 or 9 different prints...  Sarah picked out what she wanted in each room and we got to work....
I started on the bathroom because it was the smallest...  I covered the divider first, before installing it, because I knew I wouldn't have much room to work once it was in.  I didn't use the suggested wallpaper paste...I used mod podge and figured out through trial and error that it worked best using a foam brush and putting in on the paper...not the wall.
The paper went onto the divider smoothly...
When it dried alittle, I cut through the door opening with a razor knife...
I then glued the divider in place, and put the wallpaper on the wall...  the instructions said to put the wallpaper up about 1/4" (or some small fractional increment)..  (so that you don't have wallpaper crinkling against the floor) and then just add baseboards for a finished look.

The bathroom wallpapered!!  woo!!  I can do this... five more rooms....


The downstairs living room on the left....and kitchen on the right (with a border...)
Second floor bathroom and parents' room (with border)


Top floor...on the left is the childrens' shared bedroom ....on the right is the schoolroom :)

Ok...I found this humorous...  for her birthday, Sarah got some furniture...  when I walked by, I saw how she had set it up and decided to take a picture....

notice the family placement.....  LOL..  I won't say anything more...  :D

1 comment: