Monday, October 5, 2009

Just A Country Girl....

We hardly ever go out...on a date..alone.  I had been begging, pleading, etc to get Darren to take me out.  Finally, he caved and said let's go.  So, last Thursday I got all dressed up, we dropped the kids off at my mom's and we were off.  First order of business...where to go...when you only go out like once a year, all the choices sound good...actually, they all sounded good because I didn't have to prepare the food!! Yeah!  Okay, I already knew I wanted a steak...so I was thinking Texas Roadhouse.  We get over there and the parking lot was brimming over...then comes the delimma...did I want to spend our time waiting on food and sitting in the middle of half of Hickory??  I really wanted a good steak...on the other hand, I wanted a more intimate setting.  And when Darren agreed and said we could just get curbside service at Applebees and park somewhere, I started doubting myself....***all my contemplation forces were at work***..."Did I get all dressed up for nothing??"  "Maybe he doesn't want to take me into a busy restaurant..."  "Do I not look good enough for him?"  "This is a date."  "Everybody else seems to think it's great"....good grief...my mind is a crazy place.  But when it all comes down to it, I really don't want to pay 20.00 for a plate that might be good but it's still just food.  And I'm not the kind of person that likes crowds and ...stuff... it occurred to me that "OH MY GOSH!  I am so a country farm girl"...I like to get dressed up, I like to go out...but what I love is simple and intimate.  I have to admit it irks me.  I wanted to go in somewhere and but when it came down to it, I just wanted something simple and relationship time.  But then I think "Really?"  And who else on God's green planet even has these thoughts just going out for a steak?????  But seriously, I'd take a date sitting hand in hand at the river...on a bench...on a rock....with a coke and a bag of chips any day over spending 40.00 getting a steak in a busy establishment.  I like intimate.  I like simple.  I like deep.  I like real.  Darn it, there's no hope for me...I'm just a country girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment