Thursday, February 3, 2011

Homemade Apple Pie

You know those apples the kids picked and we froze into ready-made pie shapes???  (This should jog your memory:  http://homeschoolinghomesteadinginthepresent.blogspot.com/2010/07/best-thing-since-sliced-breadas-it.html )
 Well, I got around to getting one out of the freezer and baking it.  I even went to the site I mentioned and made the crusts ...which was the first from-scratch crusts I've ever made.  Let me tell you, they are so bodaciously awesome... WAY better than store bought.  And you can put cute little cut outs on top ...  :D
So, here it is...  if you sniff just right, you can almost smell the baking apple and cinnamon...mmmmmm...there ya go....get a big ole whiff.....  :)
I wish I would've taken a picture of the first steaming slice I cut, but I suppose I was preoccupied... perhaps next time.....

No comments:

Post a Comment