Thursday, June 25, 2009

Life is so fleeting....

I have been reminded over and again recently how fleeting our lives are....that life truly is just a vapor...here for a short time and then passing away. We have several friends and family, who over the the course of the past year have been diagnosed with cancer or have passed into the next life unexpectedly. It has a way of sobering you....of making you take notice of life's fragility. I suppose it produces one of two reactions...it either freezes you in your tracks in a state of fear and paranoia or it pushes you to try to live your life to the fullest and never take a moment for granted. It makes me want to contemplate the way I see things....the little things. And so, as I am off to milk the goat, I pray God helps me redeem this short time I have here...to live peacefully and to the encouragement of those around me. I pray I will see the beauty and good in all things....yes, even weeding the beans. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment