Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Double Yolked...









You know those plump hens I was telling you about?  I sold the poor things short...well, at least one of them.  I went into the pen and lo and behold, there was an egg!  Color me a surprised farm girl!!  It was pretty big too!  I figure maybe that had to do something with why they never lay...a behemoth egg like that could cause damage...LOL.  Anyway, we brought it in and marveled over it and took a picture of it beside a normal large egg.  When I fried it for supper, we discovered that it was double yolked. 
The rest of the story is that all those chickens are now gone.  I will spare you the details.  We have several in the freezer and the rest....well, that's another story for another day.  We still have our laying hens, banty chickens, and a couple of renegade roosters roaming the yard.  And I'm good with that....

No comments:

Post a Comment