Friday, September 24, 2010

A Perfect Moment

Do you ever have one of those *perfect* moments?   ....I'm having one....  right now.  It's hard to believe, but I am sitting in my backyard...alone...in the quiet.  The curtain of evening is falling, the nocturnal insects are warming up for tonight's symphony....  the fireflies are putting on a little light show...  the temperature is getting to the "just before shiver" stage.  (okay, so I shiver sooner than most people....I'm a warm weather girl)  But, it is absolutely perfect.  The sky is a ...hmmm...what color can I call it.... a deep Carolina blue...  all the surrounding pine trees are now just silhouettes...  It's amazing how much more quickly darkness falls once autumn arrives.  I have yet to see the moon...  it's slow in making it's way over the top of the trees...  but I'm patient.... some things are worth waiting for.
Don't you just love moments that you can *be* in?  Moments where you can put away your cares, stresses, worries, anxieties...  Moments in which there is no need to be "on"...  I am loving this moment...it's a treasure.

No comments:

Post a Comment