Saturday, June 12, 2010

These Are A Few Of My Favorite Things...

I've wanted to do a post like this for a long time and I've just never got around to it....  It's after midnight and everyone but me is in the gentle sea of slumber, so why not now??   It's nothing profound, nothing earth shattering...just a few of the things in life that make me smile....so, without further ado...a few of my favorite things:

thunderstorms...especially at night
the smell of a coming spring rain
the late afternoon glow of a golden summer sun
the crispness of a fall day
the babbling and singing of a small creek
fragrance of wisteria, hyacinth, honeysuckles, and peonies
the simple beauty in a daisy
the softness of a mimosa flower
the way the tops of the trees blow in the wind
feeling the sun kissing my face, the wind touching my hair

the smell of a new baby
the smell of my own babies...at any age
tender little kisses and hugs
tiny fingers holding mine
the curves in the backs of my children's necks
little dimpled hands
hearing "mommy"
isaac playing in my hair, saying "i *love* you mommy"

hearing my kids talking and laughing with one another
seeing one of them go to the other and ask, "are you okay?"
watching the light come on when they learn something new
hearing them say "you know what i just read in this book?"
watching my kids interact with their daddy
the times when i catch my kids smiling a smile that makes my heart skip a beat

scrapbooking
new pens, paper, and stickers
shopping at craft stores
writing
reading ...especially historical fiction
homeschooling
the movie "City of Angels"
The AD Chronicles by Bodie and Brock Theone
clever and witty comments
talking to older people about how life used to be

blue and yellow
sparkly body gel, glittery lip gloss, and shimmery body lotion
simple silver jewelry
jeans and girly tops
flip flops
little boys in overalls
little girls in red gingham
butterflies
smiley faces, hearts, and flowers
the smell of a bleached, white, line dried t-shirt on my husband
Ralph perfume by Ralph Lauren

milking a goat
feeding chickens
getting the first garden ripe tomato...and each subsequent one
opening a jar of veggies in the winter that you canned in the summer
watching my children grow their own gardens
my husband on a tractor
a pitchfork :)

No comments:

Post a Comment