Saturday, June 12, 2010

A Stranger at My Door

We left Friday to go get groceries and clean out the local library  :)   ....  about 5 mins. up the road, I had to return home for something.  I ran in the back door and in a minute or so, I heard Sarah scream at the front door (which was locked).  My heart skipped a beat...I ran for the door...swung it open ...and {{gasped}}!!!!  There was a stranger at my door...a male.  He didn't look happy to see me and I'm sure the look was mirrored on my face.  He had teeth that made it impossible for me to focus on anything else...they were long and slightly bucked.  He had backed up when I swung wide the door...  we stared into each other's eyes...it was a gaze of fascination...a cautious, curious fascination.  I ran to get my camera.... and then hurried outside to see if Sarah was okay...she was still shaking from her encounter with him.  I walked over ....looked....and yes, he was still there...though by all appearances not comfortable.  He remained frozen as I snapped one picture...and then another from my position on the bottom step.  I didn't trust him enough to go any farther.  I decided to go inside and get a picture of him from the door.  I wanted a close-up...a portrait, if you will.  I ran back in and thankfully, he hadn't left.  I snapped one more picture...but he had already turned his back to me.  I knew the visit was coming to an end.  I can't say I was sad...I didn't really know him...but, there was a certain part of me that wished I could have known him better.  He slipped off down the steps, looking over his shoulder as if to assure himself that we would not come with him....Malachi caught a picture of him as he made his way past the garden and out of our lives.  Will we meet again?  I can't answer that....

I have decided to post a picture of him here...I can only hope it doesn't violate his right to privacy...  

And one more....


You may not know this, but there is a song about him, as well....  you may listen to it here:  (HT to my husband for reminding me of this song....)

No comments:

Post a Comment