Wednesday, April 11, 2012

Schoolin

On top of all of this, three kids were playing rec basketball and I decided to go back to school full-time.  Dang ...color me saturated in things to do.  I'm going back for my teaching degree...not that I feel I *have* to have it...not that I'm fixing to stick the kids in public school and quit homeschooling...I guess it was a plethora of reasons.  I actually like to learn.  Also, I think it's nice to have something to fall back on...just in case.  And ...well....  there may be other reasons, but until we have tea together and bond, I'll keep those to myself :)

So, this semester I've been taking Anthropology, Geography, English, and Art Appreciation.  I'm almost finished with the first two years and then I'll transfer to a four year college for the last two years. 

I gotta tell you...taking online classes???  Waaaay different than classroom.  For all the class discussion you would do, you have discussion boards, and read and comment, and read and submit, and take a quiz online....  Dang!  It's a lot to keep up with ...and there are times when I feel overwhelmed and I've missed a quiz because the kids are playing championship games and my goat is dying and I'm getting stitches...ok...and perhaps because I wait until the last minute....but, still man, I love a challenge.  I'm enjoying learning.  I'm enjoying pushing myself a little.  Well, until Friday night at 11:58....2 minutes before an assignment is due, and I'm sweatin like a mad dog trying to submit before 12.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment