Monday, May 3, 2010

Goat Adventures...Part II

Directly after disbudding the kids, I mentioned that the buck (older one) needed some shelter repairs.  Heavy laden with shingles and hammer and nails, we entered his pen.  Now, I know I've mentioned that he likes to butt me, right?  I started playing with him like that when he was smaller.  Let me advise you now against that....  what started out cute when he was a kid is quickly becoming annoying and somewhat painful now that he is bigger.  He was ever so excited to see Darren, me, and Isaac coming into his pen.  Apparently he thought it was playtime??  I fended him off for awhile...taking pictures of Isaac mimicking Darren hammering and working...  at one point, he got most frisky and was going to do one of his little mid-air twirlies.  I happened to be standing beside him and his two back legs whipped around and slammed into my right shin.  OWWWWW!!!  I looked down in utter dismay and pain, and to my horror, saw that the vein on my shin had popped up as big as a water hose from my foot to almost my knee!!  I still cringe when I think of it!!  It totally freaked me out....just so you know....  and it was most painful.  Darren told me to lie down and elevate it so there I am up in the woods, lying on the pine needles, leg up in the air...having a conniption ....
It has since gone down (thank the Lord...that was most unsightly....lol) but I now have a bruise running up the front of my shin from foot to almost knee.  And an extra little bruise up at my knee for good measure.  It is very tender still.  I'm definitely feeling a little more cautious of his back legs when I go in to feed and water him daily.....and he's still pretty frisky...

No comments:

Post a Comment