Saturday, March 20, 2010

Conversations from the Flower Bed.....

As I got started cleaning out the flower bed, Sarah shows up and says "Oh!  That looks like fun.  Can I help?"
Me:  "Sure."
{I am loosening dirt and weeds with a trowel, Sarah is throwing out the weeds I loosen}
Sarah:  "Your job is more fun."
Me:  "Is that right?"
Sarah:  "Yes.  I'm bored."
Me:  "Okay, you take the trowel."
Sarah (after working the trowel for a moment):  "How'd you do all that?  Do you work faster than me????  {Pause}  No, maybe it's because I'm just piddling."
Me:  {smiling}
Sarah:  "When we finish this, can we do something I want to do??  Something *fun*?"
Me:  "Like what?"
Sarah:  "I don't know.  Like, play tag?  Will we still have time?"
{pause}
Sarah:  "How long is this gonna take??"
Sarah:  "Me and you should go shopping again.  We need to go to Kohls and Target and Cookout to get a smoothie."
Me:  "You mean a shake?"
Sarah:  "Yeah, a shake.  That's what we need to do....go to Kohls and Target and Old Navy...wait, did I say already say Kohls?"
Me:  "Yes."
Sarah:  "Nevermind, let me start all over again.  We need to go to Kohls......."
Sarah:  "I'm bored.  Why can't I play with the water hose?"
Me:  "Because you will be colder than you think after you get soaking wet."
Sarah:  "No I won't.  I'll be fine, Mommy.  I wish I could get in the pool.  What should I do?"
And so on......


Malachi:  "I got a video of myself talking.  I didn't know I sound like that when I talk.  Have you ever heard yourself?"
Me: "Yes."
Malachi:  "Don't you wish people heard you sound like you *think* you sound?"



And then.....

My husband, who had just picked up a load of chicken manure to put on the garden, passes by and says, "Hey, you can get you some of that chicken poop off the back of the truck for your flower bed if you want it....just don't use it all."   Ummmmm...thanks honey.  :)
 

No comments:

Post a Comment