Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Blast From the Past





We always take the kids to a trunk or treat or two for Halloween.  I do not buy costumes for this...  I make something.  Last year, I made cloaks so they could be characters from Star Wars.  This year, they decided to wear their colonial outfits we've been slowly working on.   We did get around to making the paper mache powder horns and spray painting tin band-aid containers to make ammunition boxesThe two older ones looked so cute...er, I suppose they would rather I said ...frontiersman like.  Sarah wore her colonial dress and we even hooked her up with the grain bucket so she'd have a lunch pail.  She looked darling.  I didn't make anything for Isaac, so I decided to use what we had.  Jeans, red checked shirt, an old holster and gun, and a cowboy hat....talk about a good looking cowboy.  Darren painted a mustache and beard on him and the look was complete!!  Oh, and Isaac pulled his gun out several times and let it be known he was no tenderfoot....H@!  Just looking at these pictures makes me smile.  I am so thankful that God chose to bless me with these children.

No comments:

Post a Comment